7:30am – Morning Prayer w/ Ashes,
Repent and Believe the Good News! ALL ARE WELCOME!
Great peace this Ash Wednesday!
CSA this week:
- Have you ever wondered why we say, what we say in Mass? This week at CSA Fr. Charlie will be walking us through the Mass’ scriptural roots followed by doughnuts and hot chocolate! We are meeting in the Paulus Room at Blessed John XXIII, at 7pm.
- CSA Lock-in is February 21-22 from 8pm to 8am we hope to see you there! For more info check out the Facebook event
- Are you looking to invigorate or rediscover your faith? Sign up Vol Awakening on March 7-9th. There is a link at bottom of the email.
- Mardi Gras is Febuary 28th. Get your Tickets Now! To purchase one, stop by the office at John XXII, or contact Lindsay Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember Doc Rock, the fundraiser for the Mobile Health Clinic run by Sr. Mariana, is March 1st at NV for more information check out theFacebook Page
From Your PR Chairs
-Andy and Lindsay
My dear friends!
This past week I have spent with the governing General Council of the Paulist Fathers, of which I am the “First Alternate.” Being First Alternate, I go to the meetings, have a “voice at the table”… but not a vote. I can “only” advise based on my experience and hope… (ok, and some fear, too!) I felt a real solidarity with the many from our parish community’s history that have served on Parish Finance, Pastoral and other Committees over the years whose advice and counsel have been invaluable to the Pastors who have served – and especially the one who currently serves as Pastor here, me!
Please keep them all in your gratitude lists all we all work to make Blessed John XXIII the great place we hope to be!
Our second reading this weekend remarks:
What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him, this God has revealed to us through the Spirit.
We are all stewards of the mysteries of God as they continue to be revealed in our midst – in trial, joy, comfort, challenge, and munificent other ways! We hope you can join us this weekend!
Of course: Masses are: 5:30pm Saturday, 9:00am, 11:15am, 5:30pm and 10pm Sunday Nursery available at the 9:00 and 11:15am Masses Sunday School for Children between Masses (10:10am) Adult Bible Study and Fellowship between the masses (10:10am) Sunday Supper after the 5:30pm Mass
There will be both Lector Training and Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist Training after the 5:30pm and 10pm Masses! Please consider this ministry as we remain in need as a community! Please remember our ongoing Coat and winter wear drive for the Ladies of Charity! We look forward to seeing you this Weekend!
Great peace, Fr. Charlie
N.B. As a brief reminder: on HVAC Unit above the Paulus Roomwhich heats and cools all the spaces on that side of the building is “on its last legs” after 30 years of service – (with a life expectancy of 18-20 years!) In the next few weeks that unit will need to be replaced. The cost will be approximately $31,000. Any help you can provide in helping us to meet that need would be greatly appreciated! Please simply mark “Heater” or “HVAC” in the memo field of a check, or online make a direct donation at this secure link, with the same notation.